It really is our favourite time of year! Aurora Group just selected six organisations to share over $25 000 to help LGBTI people in New South Wales.
We are thrilled to announce the projects funded through Aurora’s 2015 Small Grants program:
- The Inner City Legal Centre: a community campaign and legal assistance around the expungement of historical homosexual offences;
- Headspace Newcastle: a support and social group for under-18 LGBTIQ youth in Newcastle;
- Family Resource and Network Support (FRANS): support for young people with an intellectual disability to participate in the Rainbow Bridge Social Club, in association with Twenty10;
- ACON: a campaign to highlight cancer risk issues, particularly for lesbian and same sex attracted women;
- WayAhead – Mental Health Association NSW: a GLBT Anxiety Disorder Support Group;
- OutStanding Short Story Competition: support for the OutStanding LGBTIQ Short Story Competition, in association with Mardi Gras.
As always, in addition to the Small Grants program, Aurora’s major grants recipient is Twenty10 incorporating the Gay and Lesbian Counselling Service.
Our grants programs are only made possible because of our supporters. Thank you for continuing to be part of the Aurora family in 2015.
We can’t wait to see these projects roll out over the next year, and share their progress with you.